|SACRAMENTO, CA – Featuring a diverse and intriguing keynote program with speakers from NASA, Pixar and the Flow Genome Project, PCBC—the largest annual homebuilding trade show in the Western United States—is set to welcome more than 10,000 exhibitors and attendees when it returns to the San Diego Convention Center June 27 through 29 for the final time. Sponsored by the California Building Industry Association and Leading Builders of America, PCBC is the leading event of its kind, offering a somewhat unconventional and thought-provoking three days of networking, active learning, relationship building and targeted, curated education session for homebuilding professionals.
“The home plays a pivotal role in all our lives, and the homebuilding industry continues to innovate and reinvent, both to drive and react to social, economic and environmental elements,” commented Linda Baysari, senior vice president of PCBC. “At PCBC we are embracing greater diversity and flexibility in home design and construction to meet future needs. That’s why our program for the show strives to be vibrant, relevant and unconventional.”
Pre-conference events kick off June 27 with a series of intimate, interactive roundtables and workshops designed to provide comprehensive, hands-on learning. Facilitated by experts with content driven by demand from the industry, these sessions encourage the exchange of ideas to address some of the housing industry’s most significant challenges. This year’s roundtables include:
- Marketing – Facilitated by Kathleen Cecilian, founder and CEO of Cecilian Worldwide, the subjects to be covered include targeting buyer segments, allocating budgets, effectively managing agencies, and feeding your own creativity.
- Design - Facilitated by Mike Boyd, AIA, Principal, Planning, and R. Dale Patton, Director of Residential Design, both from Danielian Associates Architecture + Planning, the session will cover designing for fragmented buyers, balancing design inspiration with the reality of builder budgets, and effectively assembling teams.
June 28 and 29 sees the main Exhibition and Conference in full swing, featuring the Land & Capital Forum, where attendees can gain expert perspectives on land acquisition, development, research, investment, and entitlement, as well as the Multifamily Trends Forum, focused exclusively on high-level design and development trends, with expert perspectives on the economy and real estate markets, shifting development patterns, debt and equity sources, and new ways to think about floor plans, parking and amenities.
New for 2017 is the Re-Think Conference, comprised of two days of inspiring ideas and bold, provocative perspectives on residential design, marketing and organizational leadership. Re-Think focuses on expanding thinking “outside the four walls of homebuilding” to find inspired ideas, concepts and insights from a variety of sources which can be developed and applied to address “the specific challenges of creating better, more livable, more desirable homes and communities.”
- Day One focuses on the macro trends and forces “shaping our economy, our businesses and our lifestyles.” Sessions include: Technology Trends (from both a global and homebuilding perspective), Harnessing Your Power to Create Change, and The Importance of Home in the New American Scene.
- Day Two focuses more on practical application across multiple disciplines. Sessions include: Creating a Brand Experience, Creative Play in Master Planned Communities, Meaningful Differentiation by Design, and Creating an Irresistible Company Culture
Always seeking to move the housing industry narrative forward with fresh ideas and perspectives, PCBC has a history of excellent keynote speakers, and 2017 is no exception. Keynote speakers for Re-Think 2017 include:
- Adam Steltzner, Team Leader & Chief Engineer EDL, NASA Mars Rover Curiosity & Author, talks about The Right Kind of Crazy. Adam will share a profound perspective on innovation for anyone who wants to channel their craziness into creativity, balance discord and harmony, and find a signal in a flood of noise.
- New York Times bestselling author, an award-winning journalist and the Co-founder and Director of Research for the Flow Genome Project, Steven Kotler will talk about Stealing Fire, and will cover how, over the past decade, groups ranging from Silicon Valley executives, elite military special operators, and maverick scientists have sought to harness rare and controversial states of consciousness to solve critical challenges and outperform the competition.
- Matthew Luhn, one of the original story creators at Pixar, will draw on more than two decades inside the most successful filmmaking group in the history of Hollywood to present The Best Story Wins! in which he illustrates the art of storytelling as one of the most powerful tools in business. Matthew will demystify the storytelling process, providing practical strategies to connect more effectively and persuasively with audiences.
Other highlights at PCBC include the 54th Gold Nugget Awards, the oldest and most prestigious design awards in the nation, recognizing those who improve communities through exceptional concepts in design, planning and development; the Hall of Fame Awards, where the class of 2017 will be inducted and tributes paid to individuals whose professional achievements have enhanced construction and development in California; and the invitation only Leader to Leader Forum, where homebuilding’s senior leadership gather to discuss the forces shaping the future of housing and exchange ideas and concepts that will help to advance the industry.
Finally, the Exhibits Floor will feature more than 350 exhibitors showcasing the best products in homebuilding. A natural place for networking with fellow homebuilding professionals, the floor once again features PCBC’s Hub for Social, sponsored by Loan Depot. New for 2017, social media experts will be giving pop-up talks on trends and best practices in social media at 11:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday June 28 and Thursday June 29.
For more information, or to register: www.pcbc.com.
PCBC is the largest homebuilding tradeshow in the Western United States and is dedicated to advancing the art, science and business of housing. Sponsored by the California Building Industry Association and endorsed by the Leading Builders of America—whose membership includes 20 of the largest public and private homebuilders in the country—PCBC offers two days of exhibits, education, special events and networking. For 2017, PCBC returns to the San Diego Convention Center.